Every New Year, we pray hard for national holidays to fall on a weekday (preferably Friday) so that we get an extended weekend. 2016, however, has been a sad excuse for long weekends with almost every major festival (be it Diwali, Gandhi Jayanti or Christmas) falling on Sundays. But worry not. Because 2017 is going to be so much better. At least in terms of long weekends and holidays! The truckload of long weekends in 2017 are more than making up for all those lost and abandoned travel plans.
Take a peek at this quick List of 14 Long Weekends & gear up for a tsunami of holidays in 2017 to help you plan your much awaited vacations!
1. How about you take a Skiing vacation on the slopes of Solang Valley in Manali or Auli, which turns into a winter wonderland in January? Check out the Skiing Course for more.
2. Hit the Sand Dunes of Jaisalmer before summer hits the desert land!
3. Celebrate the festival of colours, Holi, in the city that was once the playground of Krishna himself. Vrindavan and its surrounding towns make for one of the best heritage tours in India. Rishikesh is another good option to celebrate Holi amidst the Ganges.
4. How about a wild escape to Jim Corbett or Ranthambore National Park?
5. Beat the heat in June with a trek to Triund maybe?
6. How does a Leh-Ladakh bike trip in August sound?
7. Plan a trip to Bhutan because October is the perfect season to visit that beautiful country!
8. Time to plan out a beach party in Goa. You can do it!
Looks like this one’s truly going to be a Travel New Year!
Don’t think, plan ahead and make the most of your time off. Sign Up at TerrainTravellers to be a part of an ever growing travel community wherein you can connect with like minded travellers and book amazing tours with Verified Tour Operators at the Lowest Price Guarantee! So, where are you heading every long weekend?